Household Battery Drop Sites:
We offer dozens of battery bucket locations throughout Porter County where you can drop off all of your household batteries. Your batteries can also be brought to any of our Household Hazardous Waste collection events, where we also accept automobile (lead-acid) batteries!
We accept all household batteries at these drop sites, but not automobile or lead-acid batteries.
Accessibility to any of these locations may be limited to hours of operation and are dependent on the battery bucket's registrant.
- Burns Harbor Town Hall, 1240 N Boo Rd. #2
- Hopkins Ace Hardware, 325 S Calumet Rd.
- Chesterton Middle School, 651 W Morgan Ave.
- Dunes Visitor Center, 1215 N State Rd 49
- Duneland Resale, 801 Broadway
- Duneland Schools Instructional Materials Center, 601 W. Morgan Ave., Suite 1
- Jewel, 747 Indian Boundary Rd.
- Liberty Elementary, 50-1 W. 900 North
- Porter Co. Hwy. Dept., 1201 North 250 East
- St. Patrick Elementary School, 640 N Calumet Rd.
- Westchester Intermediate School, 1050 South 5th St.
- Hebron Elementary School, 307 S Main St.
- Hebron Middle, 307 South Main St.
- Hebron High, 509 S Main St.
- Netnitco/warehouse, 205 N Washington St.
- Patz’s Market, 800 Country Pl Ct.
- True Value Hardware, 204 S Main St.
- Kouts Elementary School, 302 E College Ave.
- Kouts High School, 302 E College Ave.
- Kouts Town Hall, 406 South Kouts St.
- Dunes Electric
- Ogden Dunes Town Hall, 115 Hillcrest Rd.
- Jackson Elementary School
- Ace Hardware, 5979 Central Ave.
- Aylesworth Elementary School, 5910 Central Ave.
- Crisman Elementary School, 6161 Old Porter Rd.
- Fire Station 1, 3401 Swanson Rd.
- Kyle Elementary School, Hamstrom Rd.
- NIRPC, 6100 Southport Rd.
- Portage City Hall, 6070 Central Ave.
- Portage Waste Water Treatment Plant, 5500 Old Porter Rd.
- Willowcreek Middle School, 5962 Central Ave.
- Camp Good Fellow, Indiana Dunes Environmental Learning Center, 700 Howe Rd.
- Porter Fire Department, 550 W Beam St
- Porter Street Department, 550 Beam St.
- 1st Christian Church, 1507 Glendale Blvd.
- Ben Franklin MS, 605 N Campbell St.
- Centers for Hearing, 1653 Thornapple Cir.
- Central Elementary School, 305 Franklin St.
- Harre Union Valparaiso University, 1509 Chapel Dr.
- Home Depot, 2430 Laporte Ave.
- Immanual Lutheran School, 1700 Monticello Park Dr.
- Morgan Township Fire Department, 291-2 Indiana 49
- Philips Ace Hardware, Cumberland Crossing Plaza, 3100 Calumet Ave.
- Porter County Administration Center, 155 Indiana Ave.
- Porter County Courthouse, 16 Lincolnway #338
- Porter County Sheriff's Dept., 2755 South State Road 49
- Porter Township Trustee’s Office 454 West 300 South
- Saylor Elementary School, 331 Midway Dr.
- S. E. L. F. School, 750 Ransom Rd.
- South Haven Elementary School, 395 Midway Dr.
- St. Teresa of Avila, 1511 Laporte Ave.
- Super Wal-mart (US 30), 2400 Morthland Dr.
- Taltree Arboretum, 450 W 100 N
- TJ Elementary & Middle School, 1600 & 1700 Roosevelt Rd.
- Union Center Elementary, 272 N 600 W.
- Union Township Middle School, 599 W. 300 N.
- Valparaiso Compost Site (Hwy 130), 2150 W. Lincolnway
- Valparaiso Family Hearing Center, 1653 Thornapple Circle
- Valparaiso Fire Dept. Station #2, 205 Indiana Ave.
- Valparaiso Lakes Conservancy District, 1805 Burlington Beach Rd.
- Valparaiso Police Dept., 355 Washington St.
- Valparaiso University Police Department, 16 Indiana Ave.
- Valparaiso Water Dept., 205 Billings St.
- VNA, 2401 Valley Dr.
- Washington Township Elementary, 383 E State Rd 2