2017 Northwest Indiana Earth Day Celebration!
Saturday, April 22, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Porter County Expo Center
Download promotional flyer
FREE PARKING! FREE ADMISSION! (Map it!)
Be a part of the action:
- Vote for your favorite designed barrel in the School Rain Barrel Design Contest!
- Exhibitors, we're close to capacity. Please call 219-465-3819.
- Reuse Fair at Earth Day 2017 -- Bring your working and usable donations to help 13 school and non-profit organizations.
- Enter the Re-Think Art Competition & Exhibition
- Pick up your pre-ordered/paid for rain barrel
Enjoy Northwest Indiana's premier environmental event! You'll discover organizations that will show you how to get in touch with nature; businesses that will educate you on earth-friendly products and services; and school groups that will communicate ways you can reduce your impact on the planet.
And the day also features plenty of entertainment, activities, food, and lots to see!
- Dozens of Earth Day Exhibitors
- Main Expo Stage Earth Day Entertainment: Silly Safaris live animal show, 10 a.m. & noon; and Dumpster Drummers, 11:30 a.m. & 1:30 a.m.
- Reuse Fair: Bring unwanted but usable items on the wish list for others to use. Here's the list!
- Book Swap: Give a book to get a book! All ages and genres in good, reusable condition will be accepted! Final hour: give one book and get two, while supplies last. Also, Make and Take upcycled and reusable bookmarks for your “new” books! Hosted by Lake County Solid Waste Management District.
- Document destruction, 9 a.m.-noon: Metro Recycling will securely collect and transport your documents for destruction at Opportunity Enterprises Secure Shred. Please limit material to two boxes.
- Play bingo to win prizes
- Build your own birdhouse
- Complete a survey for a free tree sapling: white pine, black oak or pin oak, while supplies last.
- Vote on your favorite school designed rain barrel
- Vote on your favorite artwork at the Re-Think Art Exhibition & Contest
- Indiana 105.5 FM Live Remote
- First 300 families receive FREE reusable bags
- Alternate fuel vehicle display