Compost Site Attendant
POSITION STATUS: Seasonal, Part-Time
The following essential job functions comprise a summary of job duties, requirements, and responsibilities contained in the job description prepared for this position. The job description will serve as the primary document in the selection and hiring process; and constitutes the context for incumbent job performance and evaluation. To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To aid the district in fulfilling its responsibility to the community as related to the composting, bulb recovery, battery recycling, drop off recycling and/or electronics recycling programs.
Essential Position Functions
- Inspect all incoming material for content and volume;
- Record volume/type of organic material brought to compost sites by residents;
- Record volume/type of organic material removed from compost sites by residents;
- Direct site users to proper locations for depositing material;
Customer service sharing up to date information and guidance regarding rules and regulations;
- Perform other job functions as directed.
Job Requirements and Difficulty of Work
- Be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Be able to pass aptitude test.
- Submit to a background check.
- A high school education or equivalent.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license as verified by Motor Vehicle Report issued from Indiana Department of Motor Vehicles as
well as auto insurance.
Personal Work Relationships
Incumbent maintains frequent communication with District co-workers, local government entities, small businesses and public for the purpose of information and coordinating program.
Incumbent reports directly to Operator and/or Executive Director
Incumbent will perform duties outdoors and is exposed to temperatures, inclement weather and traffic. Safety precautions must be followed at all times to avoid injury to self and others.
Incumbent will be required to work seasonal hours from late March through early December including all Saturdays, excluding predetermined holiday closings.
Duties are performed at 3 separate locations in Porter County.
Incumbent must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., 10 to 15 times per day/shift.
To apply, please send resume and completed application to info@PorterCountyRecycling.org