We do not currently have any open positions, but check back soon for future opportunities!
Public Relations Education Coordinator
DATE WRITTEN: July 2022 POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, Salaried
POSITION: Public Relations Coordinator REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
The following essential job functions comprise a summary of job duties, requirements, and responsibilities contained in the job description prepared for this position. The job description will serve as the primary document in the selection and hiring process; and constitutes the context for incumbent job performance and evaluation. To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Deliver the District’s mission and vision utilizing a wide variety of media formats by providing clear and consistent messaging concerning recycling and waste reduction efforts. This position is required to build and maintain relationships with wide public outreach. The incumbent organizes large outreach events such as Earth Day and other educational opportunities.
Essential Position Functions
- Promote and market District’s mission, vision and services through:
- Content creation for a variety of media including website, social media, video, flyers, electronic newsletter, press releases, and public service announcements, etc.
- Management of online media platforms (website, social media, email newsletter, etc.).
- District’s Annual Report design and distribution.
- Write and administer education grants for district.
- Establish and maintain relationships with variety of community stakeholders; securing speaking opportunities; being a liaison for waste reduction & recycling programs in local government, schools, local media and businesses; participating in special networking events.
- Plan, organize, implement and fundraise for large trade show events such as Earth Day.
- General office duties including: answering phones, email, providing customer service, filing paperwork and being a team player.
- Maintain partnerships with solid waste professionals and other community professional organizations.
- All other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Job Requirements and Difficulty of Work
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Administration, Environmental Science, Business or related field, or five (5) years related experience.
- Experience in WordPress, Facebook, Constant Contact, YouTube, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience in innovative promotion and public relations including oral, written and public speaking skills.
- Proven success in organizing large special events including budgeting and fundraising.
- Be highly motivated, adaptable, self-directed and willing to be a team player.
- Valid driver’s license as verified by Motor Vehicle Report issued from Indiana Department of Motor Vehicles as well as auto insurance.
- Submit to a background check.
- Minimal physical demands.
- Work hours are standard (Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm) as noted in the district Personnel Policy Manual with limited pre-approved flexibility.
- Hours may vary according to scheduled events. Incumbent must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Out of town travel is occasional.
Personal Work Relationships
- Incumbent maintains frequent communication with district co-workers, local government entities, civic organizations, schools, trade groups, news media and public for the purpose of exchanging information and coordinating programs.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and department priorities.
- Incumbent reports directly to Executive Director.
- Work is performed in an office environment and public setting with minimal physical demands and occasionally works irregular and/or extended hours. Duties may require frequent travel to events, conferences and meetings.
Questions? Email info@PorterCountyRecycling.org.
Please apply to this position on Indeed.com.